MTS 1, Software Engineer
Job descriptionAbout PayPal PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online, via mobile devices and in store. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With more than 184 million active accounts in 200 plus markets and 26 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global commerce. PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, California and its international headquarters is located in Singapore. More information about the company can be found at www.paypal.com. Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Triage and troubleshoot issues for PayPal products and applications on the live site.
- Work with product development teams and various business groups to prioritize, identify and develop reliability and supportability improvements.
- Work with Site Operation and command center teams to address sites issues.
- Weekend and after hours support, on a rotating schedule, is required.
The ideal candidate should have most of the following requirements:
- Eight or more years of software development experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in developing, troubleshooting/debugging complex multi-tier applications
- Proficiency in at least one object oriented programming language, Java (preferred) or C++
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Scripting languages (Shell, Perl) a plus
- Experience with Git a plus.
- Software development experience in large scale software a plus