Associate Tech Artist
The Technical Artist collaborates with a team of fellow technical artists and mobile engineers to effectively implement completed art assets and facilitate seamless asset integration in Unity. The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the art and engineering teams, championing optimal performance and efficiency in the game’s final visual assets, as well as works to effectively solve any art-related bugs or hitches that may arise during production.
* Effective communication with team members of varying disciplines including written documentation of pipeline processes
* Core Photoshop CS6 skills such as compositing, tiling, and export optimization
* Expertise with Unity 3D: shaders, prefab creation, lighting. Bonus: NGUI
* Familiarity with Maya, including rigging, model optimization, and UV texturing
* Technical background in developing scripts, Photoshop actions, and other automation tools necessary for art implementation and optimization
* Clear understanding of particle systems and animation processes
* Ability to create quick functional prototypes using Unity
* Experience with asset optimization for the efficient use of resources
* Ability to support the art team with troubleshooting and technical assistance
* Strong problem-solving methodology
* 2+ years experience in games development, with shipped titles
* Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce
* Please send Portfolio samples, which may range from optimization exercises to examples of creative problem-solving within a given art pipeline.