Sr. Operations Manager, Kindle Operations
Kindle’s vision is “any book in sixty seconds,” an undertaking that requires converting a huge numbers of books in a variety of formats and languages to Kindle editions. Publishers and authors are not always in the best position to convert books to digital at the quality level that customers expect. The Selection and Quality Experience Team (SQX) uses a variety of advanced technologies and processes to convert books from many source types and languages into high quality Kindle eBooks. We are seeking an Operations Manager to lead one of our locations in this strategically important and large operations organization. If you enjoy planning for large scale operations and inventing new ways to apply technology and processes to unlock book selection for customers then come and apply your skills to help achieve the Kindle vision.
SQX leverages technology and operations excellence to grow the selection of Kindle books for customers. The team converts books in multiple languages, using a combination of in-house and 3rd party vendors, and operates at high scale. The successful candidate will love reading and will have a deep operations background, project management skills with an ability to conduct in-depth analyses, think big and identify strategic opportunities. This role is part of a global operations organization, and requires a high level of interaction with Amazon Kindle teams across Europe, Asia, North and South America. The position reports to the Senior Manager Kindle Content Operations.
- Manage a medium size operations team and play a significant role in the career development of others, including driving top grading efforts as necessary
- Leads and drives staff planning, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Amazon Customer Excellence Systems (ACES) / Six Sigma initiatives for his/her site-based team
- Implements change and/or develop new processes as required to improve selection of ebooks
- Continuously measures and evaluates the SQX site-level goals and all work processes
- Take ownership of the team’s recruiting efforts. Continually raises the hiring bar
- Share best practices as appropriate across all other Kindle Operations teams and with Operations teams outside Kindle (CS, Fullfilment etc.)
- Participate in capacity planning with the corporate team. Forecast and plan capacity for the operation, and measure achievement relative to that plan.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are highly developed and polished. You successfully present to management at the Director level and are capable of writing and owning medium size, somewhat complex documents.
- Graduate BA or BS degree required
- 10+ years of operations / supply chain management including defect reduction
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading medium to large operations teams such as customer service or fulfillment inside a global company
- Experience in the technology industry and a passion for technology
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data and delivering continuous business improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-functional capacity
- A strong appetite for teamwork, and a just-do-it attitude
- Experience with Six Sigma, Operational Excellence Black Belt certification desired
ADCI - Tamil Nadu
- Job ID: A593894