Sales Executive, Google Cloud Platform
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Google Cloud Platform Sales Executive, you will have the opportunity to help build Google’s next big business, and define the future of truly ground-breaking technology.
In this role, you'll work to drive awareness, adoption and business growth for Google’s public cloud in relation to territory-based accounts. Given that Google Cloud Platform is a start-up business within Google, this role commands a large amount of responsibility, and you will be expected to participate actively in all aspects of building the business, including strategic planning, demand generation, installed base engagement/promotion, and new account acquisition.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Build and maintain executive relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor.
- Help develop and execute a territory business plan, and build targeted account plans across key verticals, resulting in a robust pipeline.
- Execute demand generation activities as needed, and engage, educate, and ensure satisfaction of the installed base.
- Be able to qualify and assist customers in identifying use cases suitable for Google Cloud deployment, and articulate key differentiators and typical customer buying journeys. Display a passion for computer science and cloud.
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all adoption-related activities.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business or Marketing or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in sales and/or an account management role.
- 10 years of field sales experience in the Technology industry.
- Salesforce CRM systems integration experience.
- Understanding of how various cloud technologies work together to be able to drive deeper technology adoption within existing large account base.
- Demonstrated ability to speak credibly about platform- and infrastructure-as-a-service, and perform basic technical qualification.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills, and strong strategic and analytical thinking skills, with the ability to plan, pitch, and execute a territory sales strategy.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.