Service Engineer 2
Core Services Engineering team members are strategic business partners and are the first to create innovative solutions exploiting Microsoft’s newest enterprise products and services. Core Services Engineering provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Unlike other organizations, Core Services Engineering employees make global impact on thousands of employees and millions of customers of Microsoft platforms and services.
Introduction to group/job
We are looking for energetic Service engineers who are passionate about monitoring enterprise scale services built using cloud technologies, System telemetry and automation. You will be managing complex monitoring platform for a large ecosystem, Implement system health model for services modern micro services using AI/OMS, implementing Enhancement and Advanced Feature for SCCM. You will be leveraging Microsoft and open-source technologies, and Azure cloud computing platforms and services. This role also provides additional opportunities to gain experience in telemetry modeling investments in new capacity based on various growth scenarios and type of capacity needed, and in optimizing system alerts
- Design and Define the health model for business services engineered using micro services ecosystem.
- Instrument the code for System Telemetry using Application Insights SDK
- Collaborates with Engineering and PM counterparts to translate technical requirements into monitoring components of a service architecture, and operability into our monitoring platform.
- Build and Manage SCCM infrastructure for OS Deployments , Patching, Antimalware , Inventory, Agent/SCCM Roles Investigation for Factory Infrastructure
- Build and Manage SCOM Infrastructure required at Factory Sites.
- Develops custom code in Azure Automation and Azure functions for auto healing
- Leverage PowerShell and other means to quickly automate processes to resolve issues experienced by customers.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Azure Storage.
- Understanding of Azure Management API
- Write Kusto/OMS queries to create alerts
- Configuring OMS solutions for Security , Service Fabric , Usage etc..
- Create Power BI/OMS Dashboards for Business and System Alerts
- Cost Optimization of our Cloud Monitoring Tools
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.