Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As an Analyst, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to identify actionable insights that ultimately impact the bottom line. We work in a space that looks deeply into emerging fraud trends and the business enablement opportunities that help the business in fueling growth and strategic decisions.
You will be able do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation with a global team that is multi-disciplinary with broad spectrum of industry experiences, deep analytical and quantitative expertise.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide analytical insights into emerging problems, trends and portfolios
- Work closely with business partners and stakeholders to determine how to design analysis and measurement approaches that will significantly improve our ability to understand and address emerging business issues
- Bringing data to life and making it actionable and relevant to stakeholders through exploratory analysis of internal and external data sources using advanced and innovative analytical techniques, algorithms, and tools
- Identifying present or future gaps in the team’s existing reporting and tools suite and managing portfolio monitoring, dashboards and reporting
- Providing regular updates to leadership, product and other stakeholders that will simplify and clarify complex concepts and the results of analyses effectively with emphasis on the actionable outcomes and impact to business
- Experience with standard statistical techniques and tools a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics)
- 1-2 years’ experience in analytics or management consulting
- Proficiency using SQL and querying relational databases
- Experience in at least one statistical programming language (SAS, R, Python)
- Experience in at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Qlikview)
- Experience with project management
- Strong communication skills
- Quick learning
- Out-of-box Problem Solving
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.