Software Engineer in Test I
The Global Customer Operations (GCO) Technology Team delivers integrated software and hardware solutions allowing all of Expedia’s customers and partners to contact us for assistance as they travel around the world. In this role, you will be a critical member of a growing team which is using the newest technology to improve our customer experience across voice, web, mobile and social network platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their flawless trip.
- Primary responsibilities include working with Dev/PM/Test to design and implement test and validation strategies
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and high quality Test automation suites, to improve quality and productivity of functional and regression tests
- Write, execute and debug automated test cases, Troubleshoot and debug complex transaction systems
- Execute test cases, report Test execution and Defect metrics for projects with sophisticated test management tools
- Recognized as group expert of a specific feature or component and contributes this expertise to others. Detect underlying problems and patterns and looks beyond the obvious.
- Identify opportunities for process, tools and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
- Test and maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving environment
- Contribute to continuing process improvement of quality assurance standards and procedures
- Required Skills
- Demonstrated self-discipline, dependability and accountability
- Knowledge of Java or C#, and web technologies
- Experience working with relational and No-SQL databases
- Experience with AWS cloud, Lambda and AWS RDS is a plus
- Experience in agile software development processes and working successfully in a team
- Experience and Good understanding of UI automation tools like Selenium or Coded UI.
- Good knowledge in SQL (T-SQL, data replication, and database design principles)
- Prior Test automation experience
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly and effectively research technical problems and solutions online
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Willingness to work flexible hours at times, based on a geographically distributed team
- 3+ years’ experience in software testing and/or development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field only.
- Expedia is committed to building an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.