Technical Support Engineer Level 2 - WS1 Premier Services
Premier Services Technical Support Engineer for VMware AirWatch
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Engineers support over 250,000 companies running our products across three technology layers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, collaborating with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting utilizing a wide range of skills including virtualization administration, system administration, and software development.
In End-User Computing at VMware we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their high-demand applications, building and leading the next-generation desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to make things happen only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 45,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
Job Role & Responsibilities
As an Premier Services Support Engineer you will be providing support to Premier Enterprise Customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you are a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- You will resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or Webex session
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Demonstrate internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Build new knowledgebase articles to bring together new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- An avid learner/problem-solving mentality
- Desire to work in the fast past constantly changing landscape of mobile technology
- Excellent knowledge of and interest in Mobile Operating Systems (iOS, Android, Windows 10, etc)
- Work experience of 1+ Years in a Technical domain
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Experience in providing voice based Technical Support
- Experience with Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Web Applications
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 2000, 2003, XP / Linux, etc)
- Understanding of modern IT production datacenter, hosting operations and End Users ecosystem.
- Understanding of computer architectures (server, storage and network)
- Experience Solving problems with 3rd party application integration (Active Directory, Exchange, etc)
- Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.