Requisition ID: 174831
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP CoPilot Developer Associate / Developer/Senior Developer
As you know, SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’re able to build your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Global Design Team is an interdisciplinary team of Designers, Architects, Developers and Product Owners that work closely with customers and internal development organizations to provide scalable technologies enabling SAP, partners and customers to build innovative solutions that meet the expectations of the market and especially the end-users. We create and implement new design concepts, enable scaling of FIORI design through design integrated development infrastructure and evolve and roll-out best practice for the whole company.
SAP CoPilot is SAP’s entry into the post-app era. Following on the trends of Apple Siri, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Microsoft Cortana, this add-on app for SAP Fiori 2.0 will use artificial intelligence and machine learning to assist users in their daily work, understand the users’ behaviour, and give hints to increase their productivity. CoPilot is a digital intelligent assistant for enterprise users that communicates with you in natural language. It is an app that automates mundane tasks, facilitates deep contextual collaboration, learns from data to anticipate events and recommend actions, making the enterprise users more efficient and effective at work.
Further details -
SAP is planning to evolve SAP CoPilot to become the de facto Integration Hub for team collaboration platforms (like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Facebook Workplace) and Google G Suite & Microsoft Office 365. Team collaboration platforms are supposed to revolutionize the way how teams will collaborate with each other in future. To facilitate the transformation of CoPilot into SAP’s Integration Hub for external service offerings, we are searching for a suitable (Senior) Developer to support our local development team in Bangalore.
Within your job, you are working on the pulse of time in all areas of digital transformation and the intelligent enterprise – starting from artificial intelligence, digital intelligent assistants & bots (like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant), natural language processing, machine learning and team collaboration platforms like Slack, Microsoft Teams. A strong personal interest in those topics is mandatory.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You work in a highly agile project (SAP CoPilot) with strategic relevance to drive new innovations and leverage the power of the existing architecture to build future solutions.
- Enhance SAP CoPilot within our local development team based in Bangalore
- as an integration hub for collaboration platforms (like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google G Suite)
- by improving current natural language processing capabilities
- Work on Non code editor for Skill Building that works with SAP CoPilot using UI technologies such as Angular, nodejs.
- Model, design, implement, and test software with openness to new technologies and environments.
- Development in Java and Web-based system environments (UIs, APIs, …).
Initial focus on Java based software development on SAP Cloud Platform Neo
- Use language engineering to create coding solutions for a wide variety of conversational topics and dialog situations
Education And Qualifications / Skills And Competencies
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or equivalent education
You demonstrate excellence in the following skills and competencies:
- Excellent development skills in Java, Python
- Experience in development in frameworks like Spring, Jersey, Node.js
- Basic knowledge in the areas of Natural Language Processing and Machine learning
- High interest and willingness to deepen the knowledge in team collaboration platforms like Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts Chat and the overall Google Suite
- High interest in intelligent personal assistants like Apple Siri, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana
- Advanced skills in continuous integration principles and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills in English
- Good technical understanding and hands-on development experience in building applications leveraging SAP Cloud Platform (skills in cloud computing will be of advantage).
- Knowledge of OData protocol
- Advanced skills in software testing & frameworks
- Advanced skills in version control systems like GitHub/Git
- Expertise in language engineering tools
- Linguistic and NLP knowledge to build sustainable products in the fields of conversational UIs
- Open minded and problem-solving attitude, willing to learn new things.
- Willingness to take on complex tasks
- 2 to 7 Years of relevant experience
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
If You Are Interested In Applying For Employment With SAP And Are In Need Of Accommodation Or Special Assistance To Navigate Our Website Or To Complete Your Application, Please Send An E-mail With Your Request To Recruiting Operations Team (Americas
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.