Solution Engineer Manager, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India; Bengaluru, Karnataka, India; Gurugram, Haryana, India
As a Solution Engineer Manager, you will lead a team of customer engineers who engage with sales prospects and channel partners to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud technologies, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process. You will also lead efforts to drive solution innovation, working across the organization to identify the assets and tools to drive customer adoption.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Hire, coach and drive a high performance team to deliver against assigned goals while prioritizing an outstanding customer experience to customers and prospects.
- Work with the team to create activities (e.g. identifying and handling key customer technical questions and objections) in order to develop strategies, resolve technical impediments and scope out migration workloads.
- Be responsible for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and the application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with managing and developing teams.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or MBA degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of solution architecture within web and mobile environment. Knowledge of web/internet related technologies, architecture across SAAS, PAAS and IAAS and cloud productivity suites.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud products (G Suite, Google Cloud Platform).
- Proven ability to inspire and grow teams to their full potential in a sales environment across cross-functional teams to achieve common business objectives. Ability to operate with enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.