What is the Job like?
We are looking for a talented individual to join our DevOps and Platforms Engineering team. You will play an important role in helping build and run our globally distributed infrastructure stack and platforms. Technologies you can expect to work on every day include Linux, AWS, MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop/HBase, ElasticSearch, FreeSwitch, Jenkins, Nagios, and CFEngine amongst others.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and fix production outages and performance issues in our AWS/Linux infrastructure stack
- Build automation tools for provisioning and managing our cloud infrastructure by leveraging the AWS API for EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS and Route53 amongst others
- Contribute to enhancing and managing our continuous delivery pipeline
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve monitoring and alerting of our hosts and services, and implement them in a timely fashion
- Code scripts and tools to collect and visualize metrics from linux hosts and JVM applications
- Enhance and maintain our logs collection, processing and visualization infrastructure
- Automate systems configuration by writing policies and modules for configuration management tools
- Write both frontend (html/css/js) and backend code (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Participate in periodic oncall rotations for devops
Who should apply for this role?
- DevOps/System Admin experience ranging between 3-4 years
- In depth Linux/Unix knowledge, good understanding the various linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc)
- DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, HA & Load Balancing
- Configuration management using tools like CFEngine, Puppet or Chef
- SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and HBase
- Build and packaging tools like Jenkins and RPM/Yum
- HA and Load balancing using tools like the Elastic Load Balancer and HAProxy
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, Pingdom or similar
- Log management tools like logstash, fluentd, syslog, elasticsearch or similar
- Metrics collection tools like Ganglia, Graphite, OpenTSDB or similar
- Programming in a high level language like Python or Ruby