Principal Software Engineer - Office Product Group
The Microsoft Office India, Hyderabad team is looking for high caliber and highly motivated Software Engineers and Engineering Managers to work on the most strategic workload of Microsoft - Office experiences and O365 services.
Microsoft Office is 25+ billion $ franchise. It's also the largest and the fastest growing cloud service with unmatched security and compliance features ready for customers across the globe. Office 365 has a core Substrate which is powered by hundreds of peta byte of customer data and has cutting edge infrastructure to run hundreds of thousands of machines across 35+ DCs with high availability and disaster recovery. In addition, O365 Services team works on generating valuable customer and org insights through machine learning running on top of the enterprise graph as well as to protect customer data as per the stringent security, privacy and compliance guidelines and standards. O365 has achieved availability of 99.98% and one of the lowest storage COGS with its innovative approach to infrastructure for cloud scale, ML for defects, telemetry, architectural approach to storage/compute leveraging scenarios and deep integration with Azure.
Some of the most strategic workload in O365 services are - Exchange, Skype for Business and Information Protection engineering (IPE), ODSP (OneDrive SharePoint). The Microsoft Office India team is building a new team to work on these critical workloads of substrate to build the next generation features for some of the largest Enterprises and Governments of the world. The cutting-edge technology, world class engineering for cloud services and business impact on millions of customers presents engineers with exceptional opportunities for ownership, autonomy and professional growth. We’re excited about the possibilities to be created by this new team.
We are looking for very strong engineers who is passionate about end to end engineering (design, implement, deploy and monitor), technical challenges and customer scenarios. Our engineering team will tackle a wide variety of problems. The candidates can expect to build a wide range of skills and experiences in this role. The candidates should have experience in all phases of the development cycle, preferably on large-scale commercial product / services including collaborating across the groups and cross discipline with Design, PM, and our partner teams.
- Design/Dev, implement, ship and monitor critical components of cloud scale services
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced agile environment
- Work with partner teams on implementation plans, design and implementation requirements
- A solid background in C/C++/C# or Java development
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting for
performance, scalability, usability, security, and reliability
- Deep understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms. Can ramp on already
existing codes without documentation
- Expert knowledge in cloud service stack or/and Azure technologies
- 12-20 years of experience in software development
- For managers, relevant experience in growing and managing large teams in product
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field required
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude - a self-starter, project finisher and adaptable,
- Good communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
understandably and engagingly
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.