Software Engineer in Test I
You Want to Make an IMPACT
Are you stuck in the machinery of massive organizations working on a small piece of the puzzle but never understanding how your work touches PEOPLE? We’re looking for people who want to affect a myriad of people worldwide: coders who innovate, learn and thrive within light-speed development teams.
Hotwire’s looking for bright folks with great ideas and even greater energy. We live in the umbrella of a top 100 company but we’re AGILE and move quickly, constantly learning. We offer
- A compelling technology stack – Java, Node, Python, Docker, AWS, Chef, a number of prototyping/data science languages among others
- Almost uninhibited access to customers – move from ideation to construction to production rapidly; gauge customer reaction and then adapt. Then do it again. Feed the feedback loop.
- AUTONOMY – you’ll live and play in a tight-knit team environment where you’ll be measured by the enjoyment you bring to others – your co-workers and customers – and not by bug count or algorithmic purity. You’ll see a problem and will work unfettered to solve it. Need Golang? GoBring it in. Need a gem to solve the indecipherable? Get Ruby. Here at Hotwire, you control your destiny.
It’d Be Great if you had
- An agile mentality whether practiced (i.e., SCRUM, Kanban) or innate (i.e., you have no patience to sacrifice progress for red tape)
- A record of continued growth and ever-increasing responsibilities in previous roles
- The ability to communicate effectively to executive audiences; effective communication can manifest as presentations, rapid prototypes or the plain ol’ written word
- 5+ years experience delivering automation for complicated and intertwined backend systems using Cucumber, Rest Assured and other test automation tools.
- 2+ years experience working with devops tools like Chef, Jenkins, Gatling and practices like continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Should be hands on in testing of microservices / rest-APIs.
- The ability to reverse engineer existing systems and implement new features on top of existing solutions.
- Ability to partner and mentor fellow engineers to build automation systems and frameworks that result in minimal operational overhead.
- Familiarity with container based applications using docker.
- Familiarity with microservices frameworks like dropwizard/ Spring boot, containerization platforms like docker, NoSQL solutions like Mongo/ Cassandra - as well as traditional RDBMS.
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or a related field
But You Don’t Have All of These Skills?
We believe talent trumps skills so don’t take the above checklist as gospel. The hunger to grow and the passion to learn are greater indicators of success.
Your Primary Responsibilities Would Be
- Set up and maintain test automation and execution framework.
- Implement automated software tests, identify and solve problems at the component or feature level, and actively participate in multiple functional areas.
- Ensure adherence to quality engineering processes, including code reviews, source control, use case analysis, and defect management.
- Become proficient with test automation tools used by the group.
- Adhering to aggressive release schedules, execute test cases, report results, and collects metrics on testing.
- Being involved from product inception, proactively look for potential quality issues, contribute to Technical Reviews and Root Cause Analysis sessions.
- Understand and communicate the impact of technical decisions and trade-offs made on the short and long term business objectives.
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
- Actively provide technical mentoring to software engineers.
- Serve as the main point of contact and subject matter expert for all quality automation questions and needs.
- Be a primary point of contact for support of production issues.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.