Software Engineer 3
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Primary Job Responsibilities – Today, PayPal is available in 190 markets, 24 currencies, and is accepted by millions of online merchants around the world. With more than 100 million active registered accounts worldwide, PayPal has made it possible for individuals and businesses to pay and get paid online across different locations, currencies and languages. We from Global Ops are currently seeking a Software Engineer to be part of significant programs within the PayPal technology organization. Programs can span multiple releases, deliverables, teams and involve complex technologies.
- Design and develop with data driven solutions that have potential to deliver game changing results.
- Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Should be able to use Design patterns and Object-Oriented concepts effectively in day-to-day work.
- Code should be well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version.
- Should be able to think out of the box and provide effective solutions to the business.
- Should be owning the code/domain and able to take responsibilities on his/her own.
- Participate in release management and on-call duties, and provide recommendations for project or production issues and diagnostics.
- Proactively escalates issues to the Management and alerts the project team on potential impact to the timeline as well as functionalities.
Desired Skills And Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Desire to learn new technologies and processes
- Self-driven & motivated, conscious of high quality software and effective team player.
- 7+ years of application oriented software development experience using C++.
- Knowledgeable about Oracle and PL/SQL
- Familiarity with Unix/ Linux
- Able to work with multiple functional groups and interface with management and technical experts regarding key technical problems
- Strong problem solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently but flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
- Can effectively communicate in large or small group settings.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.