Software Development Engineer
The Consumer Cloud Foundation ( CCF ) group that is a part of eCommerce Foundation builds multiple cloud based and distributed platform services that are at the core of Amazon’s consumer and digital businesses. It specializes in data storage, data security, and data streaming and migration. Thousands of services fueling the growth of Amazon businesses use CCF technologies to secure and store customer orders, catalog and product information, shopping cart, Kindle device information, and hundreds of other business critical data-sets. The performance and availability of CCF technologies is critical to the reliability of the Amazon brand. We partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to leverage technologies built for cloud customers, and to offer technologies we invent through AWS channel to the broader market. The products that this group owns are Tiered Storage, Secondary Indexing, Range Queries, Sequence Generator, Bulk Data Migration and Data Security Services. Towards this vision, we are seeking a strong and highly motivated engineers to disrupt and build next generation of distributed cloud computing products and take it to the next level. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design, implementation and ultimately deploy services.
- Ensure the quality of design of systems.
- Define new APIs that demonstrate full and complete understanding of service interdependencies and limitations.
- Possess knowledge and is curious to learn more about performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Create prototypes and proof-of-concepts for iterative development.
- Work effectively with product development and engineering teams.
- Actively mentor junior team members.
Join a team of builders and innovators that think outside the box. A team that’s committed to a low operational burden by designing for it. A team that puts work-life balance, personal and professional growth as a principle, not a goal. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
Following are the qualifications that would allow somebody to hit the ground running :
- B.Tech or M.Tech in Computer Science
- 4+ years of software industry experience
- Rich hands-on programming experience in Java/C++, using object-oriented design techniques and best practices
- Working with customers and business to transform business requirements into functioning software
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining real-time and large scale applications
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
- Understanding of cryptography or data protection techniques.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon Dev Center India - Hyderabad
- Job ID: A633122